A Sarasota Non-Profit Organization

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Big Hearts Need Help Too!

On a recent trip to Mothers Helping Mothers a woman came up to me and asked if there were more 18 month clothes for boys.  I got her the full bin of clothing in that size and we began talking.  Her name was Heather and she was there in search of clothing for her son, daughter and nephew who also lived with her.  I quickly found out that I was talking to a woman who was doing her best to take care of her children and nephew with limited resources.  Heather told me that her nephew came to live with her after his mom couldn’t take care of him any longer.  “I am pleased to say that he is happy now,” she said. 
Having an extra mouth to feed and body to cloth is definitely a challenge for Heather and her family but they are doing the best they can. “Mothers Helping Mothers is such a resource for me.  It is a great place to go when tight on money and I always find what I need.  I just hope that everyone realizes what a great resource this is for the community and does not abuse it.”



No comments:

Post a Comment