A Sarasota Non-Profit Organization

Thursday, May 26, 2011

You Never Know

As a young mother,  I am humbled by the stories that I write on this blog and even more in awe of the ambitious spirits that I meet when I enter the doors of MHM.  I am also in amazement of the assistance that Mothers Helping Mothers gives to so many families in need.

Recently I received an email from a friend who was unaware of my association with MHM.  It was a heartwrenching email about a friend of hers that was in need of help.  Her friend and her husband just gave birth to a baby boy and also have a three year old little girl.  Shortly after their son's birth, he was diagnosed with a heart condition and transported to All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg.  The family lives in North Port and they are traveling home every night to take care of their little girl after visiting their son during the day. Financially they are struggling and have called numerous agencies for help - all to no avail.  When I told Motherss Helping Mothers about their situation the next question without any hesitation was "What can we do to help?" 

Boy, they sure did help this family!  MHM helped them find the financial resources to make this tough time a bit easier.  The family was so incredibly thankful for the help and so was my friend who sent me the original email.  It is so nice to know that there is an organization that is readily available to help families in difficult situations! 

As a side note- I am not told what to write or what stories to share on this blog.  I am simply given information to use at my discretion.  They did not ask me to share this story, but it really touched me.  As a young mother, I sympathized with the family in need and know that their situation could happen to me if something serious happened to my child.  So there are only two words that come to mind-THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment