A Sarasota Non-Profit Organization

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lifesavers

I stumbled (literally) upon Camilla on my last visit to Mothers Helping Mothers.  She was so sweet and just playing with sippy cups quietly on the floor while her mom, Karen, shopped with her other precious child, Ray. 

 
<><>
<>
<><>
Camilla and her cups

Karen and Ray
While talking to Karen, I discovered that she was a frequent visitor to MHM.  "Mothers Helping Mothers has been such a help to me.  I was lucky to get a crib for Camilla from MHM and now Ray is using the same crib.  I just don't know what I would do without them."  On this day Karen was looking for household items and clothes.  She also shared with me that she is going to school to further her education and will hopefull use her education to support her family one day.  MHM has helped Karen with materials for school as well.  "Mothers Helping Mothers helps so many people in this community.  I am just really thankful that they are here.  Mothers Helping Mothers has made such a positive impact in my life," said Karen. 

Karen is only one of the many people that MHM helps on a regular basis.  While we cannot tell everyone's story, know that Karen represents so many mothers that would be lost without Mothers Helping Mothers. 


Sweet smile from Ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment